Broadband...who to go with..

Old March 3rd 05, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kieran

Default Broadband...who to go with..

Just been directed here after asking this question in another group, here
goes.

Am just about to bring to an end my Broadband /TV/phone contract with NTL
(if I ever get past hold on the cancellation number they provide). We are
taking advantage of the 19 a month for 3 months offer from SKY. The full
hit for 3 months an then choose a package.
Was just wondering which broadband suppliers the knowledgeable folk on here
use an do they have any recommendations or horror stories (other than NTL
horror stories because we've lived all them.)
Cheers in advance.

Kieran

Old March 3rd 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Kieran:
Just been directed here after asking this question in another group,
here goes.

Am just about to bring to an end my Broadband /TV/phone contract with
NTL (if I ever get past hold on the cancellation number they
provide). We are taking advantage of the 19 a month for 3 months
offer from SKY. The full hit for 3 months an then choose a package.
Was just wondering which broadband suppliers the knowledgeable folk
on here use an do they have any recommendations or horror stories
(other than NTL horror stories because we've lived all them.)
Cheers in advance.

Kieran

Is it not possible to keep NTL for the broadband only?

That way you could do away with the phone line, and use a VoIP phone service
from Sipgate & Call 1899 thus saving you line rental and getting completely
free calls.

If not then I would recommend, getting your phone line from BT, getting
carrier pre select from Talk Talk, for no monthly fee you can choose between
30 mins of free calls to mobiles a month or free evening and weekend calls,
you would then use call 18866 and 1899 for when Talk Talk calls aren't free.
I would still advise you to go down the VoIP route with Sipgate (you can
choose absolutely any area code you like, it doesn't have to be your local
one) and also use 1899's VoIP service whereby UK calls along with ones to
Germany and The Netherlands are completely free, both Sipgate and 1899 have no
monthly or initial fees.

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
Free Calendar: http://www.bextech.me.uk/calendar

Old March 4th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dutch

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Kieran:
Just been directed here after asking this question in another group,
here goes.

Am just about to bring to an end my Broadband /TV/phone contract with
NTL (if I ever get past hold on the cancellation number they
provide). We are taking advantage of the 19 a month for 3 months
offer from SKY. The full hit for 3 months an then choose a package.
Was just wondering which broadband suppliers the knowledgeable folk
on here use an do they have any recommendations or horror stories
(other than NTL horror stories because we've lived all them.)
Cheers in advance.

Kieran

Is it not possible to keep NTL for the broadband only?

It certainly is

Old March 6th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kieran

But I'd rather sever all ties with Ntl to be honest..
You'd get better service from a blind,deaf,mute.
Please don't be offended any of the above.