Philips DECT phones - a bit OT?

Old March 3rd 05, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Default Philips DECT phones - a bit OT?

A bit OT maybe, I currently have broadband (1Mb) with Plusnet. I have an
older Philips Zenia DECT phone at the moment and whilst I have noticed no
issues since I've had broadband and wireless ie. caller ID seems to work
etc.
I am now starting to have problems (unrelated to broadband) with the phone
which means I am considering replacing it (its well out of warranty)

I've been looking at the offer Argos have for a dual Philips Onis 300 VOX
for 50 and am wondering if any of you other broadband (and wireless -
should DECT affect wireless?) users have this phone and if you have
experienced any problems with it relating to the broadband or wireless ???

Andy

Old March 3rd 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
String

Andy wrote:
A bit OT maybe, I currently have broadband (1Mb) with Plusnet. I have an
older Philips Zenia DECT phone at the moment and whilst I have noticed no
issues since I've had broadband and wireless ie. caller ID seems to work
etc.
I am now starting to have problems (unrelated to broadband) with the phone
which means I am considering replacing it (its well out of warranty)

I've been looking at the offer Argos have for a dual Philips Onis 300 VOX
for 50 and am wondering if any of you other broadband (and wireless -
should DECT affect wireless?) users have this phone and if you have
experienced any problems with it relating to the broadband or wireless ???

Andy

Ive just DECT for years and years and never once had it affecting any
form of wireless or broadband. No reason it should either, it uses a
much lower frequency than wireless and is very low powered.

Paul Honiss, corrupt, incompetent and death is too kind.
France 18 - 24 Paul Honiss. Someone sack this imbecile now.
Old March 6th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lasitha

"Andy" wrote in message
A bit OT maybe, I currently have broadband (1Mb) with Plusnet. I have an
older Philips Zenia DECT phone at the moment and whilst I have noticed no
issues since I've had broadband and wireless ie. caller ID seems to work
etc.
I am now starting to have problems (unrelated to broadband) with the phone
which means I am considering replacing it (its well out of warranty)

I've been looking at the offer Argos have for a dual Philips Onis 300 VOX
for 50 and am wondering if any of you other broadband (and wireless -
should DECT affect wireless?) users have this phone and if you have
experienced any problems with it relating to the broadband or wireless ???

I've been using the Onis 300 VOX for about 3 months now without any
problems. I am with Wanadoo and have a Netgear wireless router.

Lasitha