1Mb service

Old March 3rd 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Buckley

Default 1Mb service

I am currently on ADSL 512k, based on the figures below would I be
able to upgrade to 1Mb ?

Down Up
---------- ------------
SNR Margin 35.8 23.0 dB
Line Attenuation 32.8 19.0 dB

Data Rate 576 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Old March 3rd 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

John Buckley wrote:
I am currently on ADSL 512k, based on the figures below would I be
able to upgrade to 1Mb ?

Down Up
---------- ------------
SNR Margin 35.8 23.0 dB
Line Attenuation 32.8 19.0 dB

Data Rate 576 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Based on those, should be able too. 2Mb too if you fancy.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old March 4th 05, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 23:23:25 +0000, John Buckley
wrote:

I am currently on ADSL 512k, based on the figures below would I be
able to upgrade to 1Mb ?

should be no problem, unless the number checker at
www.bt.com/broadband has a different opinion.

Phil
Old March 4th 05, 02:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
String

should be no problem, unless the number checker at
www.bt.com/broadband has a different opinion.

Phil

Which it does for a lot of people. Its one of the least accurate
databases around.

Paul Honiss, corrupt, incompetent and death is too kind.
France 18 - 24 Paul Honiss. Someone sack this imbecile now.
Old March 4th 05, 09:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shaw

"John Buckley" wrote in message
I am currently on ADSL 512k, based on the figures below would I be
able to upgrade to 1Mb ?

Down Up
---------- ------------
SNR Margin 35.8 23.0 dB
Line Attenuation 32.8 19.0 dB

Data Rate 576 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Have a look he
http://www.farina1.com/bookmark/0000...7/00020260.HTM

LOTS of useful stuff about what is happening during 2005

HTH

Nick

Old March 4th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Black

In message ,
String writes

should be no problem, unless the number checker at
www.bt.com/broadband has a different opinion.
Phil

Which it does for a lot of people. Its one of the least accurate
databases around.

So what do you do if it does? According to figures I get from my router
my line should support at least 1mb, but the checker says not.

When Pipex do the automatic upgrade, will they use the results of the
checker or just do it anyway?

--
Sean Black
Old April 25th 05, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Sean Black" wrote in message
In message , String
writes

should be no problem, unless the number checker at
www.bt.com/broadband has a different opinion.
Phil

Which it does for a lot of people. Its one of the least accurate
databases around.

So what do you do if it does? According to figures I get from my router my
line should support at least 1mb, but the checker says not.

When Pipex do the automatic upgrade, will they use the results of the
checker or just do it anyway?

--
Sean Black

I checked with that database and it said I couldn't have 1mb. My ISP
recently upgraded all its customers from 512kbps to 1mb. I just sat back
and waited to see what would happen and it has all worked fine since the
upgrade. It just proves the database it well out on its data! I now
reliably get 130+ kilobytes a second download. The connection never drops
unless I reset the router and it all runs 24/7 without a problem.

Old April 28th 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Black

In message , John
writes

"Sean Black" wrote in message
In message , String
writes

[...]

I ended up emailing BT at the time, they checked the line an updated the
database.

Being an impatient bugger, I just paid the 15 and it's been running
fine on 1mb for a couple of months now.
--
Sean Black