why does router reboot restore speed

Old March 4th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger

Default why does router reboot restore speed

Hi
I'm finding that every 24hrs or so my 1mg connection falls to about 250 kbps
or so but rebooting my Netgear DG834 router restores the speed to near
enough 1mg.

Is this a router problem or something else?

Thanks
Roger

Old March 4th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Nelson

In article ,
"Roger" writes:
I'm finding that every 24hrs or so my 1mg connection falls to about 250 kbps
or so but rebooting my Netgear DG834 router restores the speed to near
enough 1mg.

Is this a router problem or something else?

I/O buffer memory leakage, perhaps? Using latest sane firmware version
(1.05.00) or something older? There are later betas available, for the brave.
--
SAm.
Old March 4th 05, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:14:40 -0000, "Roger"
wrote:

Hi
I'm finding that every 24hrs or so my 1mg connection falls to about 250 kbps
or so but rebooting my Netgear DG834 router restores the speed to near
enough 1mg.

Is this a router problem or something else?

Thanks
Roger

What programs are you using during that time?

I have the same router and have a similar problem with some P2P and
bittorrent clients.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 4th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger

I'm using the V2.10.09 Beta, I upgraded from V1.04.01 to V1.05.00 but
suffered dropped connections so upgrade to the beta on the recommendation of
Netgear support.

Roger