30 Days notice and online contracts?

Old March 5th 05, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rhythmmaster

Default 30 Days notice and online contracts?

Well that's me put in my place then. By the sound of some those replie
we got a few ISP employees around here

Still don't think i need to give ANY company ANY notice period for
service i no longer want! Especially when i have paid them fully fo
the months i have used.......each to their own i suspose

--
rhythmmaster
Old March 5th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:30:42 +0000, rhythmmaster wrote:

Well that's me put in my place then. By the sound of some those replies we
got a few ISP employees around here

Still don't think i need to give ANY company ANY notice period for a
service i no longer want! Especially when i have paid them fully for the
months i have used.......each to their own i suspose!

Think what you want but your still wrong.

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)

Old March 5th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Still don't think i need to give ANY company ANY notice period for a
service i no longer want! Especially when i have paid them fully for
the months i have used.......each to their own i suspose!

When you enter into a contract YOU are expected to comply with the terms
just as YOU expect the other party to comply with them. Just because the
other party is a company does not mean you can just ignore your obligations.
That is what the law says. If you did not agree with the terms then you
should not have entered into the contract in the first place.

Peter Crosland (not anyone's employee!)

Old March 21st 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:30:42 +0000, rhythmmaster
wrote:

Still don't think i need to give ANY company ANY notice period for a
service i no longer want! Especially when i have paid them fully for
the months i have used.......each to their own i suspose!

I actually agree with you. Contracts are contracts, but I'd much
prefer being able to cease business with a company instantly. I'd pay
for what I had used, of course.