ntl 300k capped?

Old March 5th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ntl 300k capped?

anyone know if ntl 300k service is capped...

website is crap, gives no info

thanks

Old March 6th 05, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

wrote in message
anyone know if ntl 300k service is capped...

website is crap, gives no info

thanks

There is nothing in force on the 300k service although NTL say fair usage is
around 1gb a day which is reasonable. Not enforced though. They are upping
the 300k service to 1mb in April and these will have monthly caps which are
enforced but you dont have to go on the new tariffs apparently. Prices will
remain the same.

Old March 6th 05, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Gareth :-\) voom wrote:

There is nothing in force on the 300k service although NTL say fair usage is
around 1gb a day which is reasonable. Not enforced though. They are upping
the 300k service to 1mb in April and these will have monthly caps which are
enforced but you dont have to go on the new tariffs apparently. Prices will
remain the same.

So the rumour of upgrades in March was a bit premature? Or is it going to be a
phased rollout?

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old March 7th 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JF

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in message
wrote in message
anyone know if ntl 300k service is capped...

website is crap, gives no info

thanks

There is nothing in force on the 300k service although NTL say fair usage

is
around 1gb a day which is reasonable. Not enforced though. They are upping
the 300k service to 1mb in April and these will have monthly caps which

are
enforced but you dont have to go on the new tariffs apparently. Prices

will
remain the same.

I am on the 750k package. does that mean if I take their 2mb upgrade, I will
be regulated by their fair usage (1gb) policy. But if I decline their
upgrade they will let me download over 1gb per day, as I am doing at the
moment.

Thanks

Old March 8th 05, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:50:01 GMT, "JF" wrote:

I am on the 750k package. does that mean if I take their 2mb upgrade, I will
be regulated by their fair usage (1gb) policy.

You are already.

By the way I strongly suspect that the new policy will actually be
very similar to the existing one ie if you exceed your cap for more
than X days in a row, you'll get an email, if you continue they'll
take action.

The only difference is that ntl will apparently later in 2005 start
enforcing this.

But if I decline their
upgrade they will let me download over 1gb per day, as I am doing at the
moment.

Unless you're on 300K or have an older STB, you won't get a choice.
750K and 1.5M CM users will be upgraded automatically.

Also if NTL are going to bother policing the caps at all, they'll do
it for all services - including the old 300K one.