Interference Problem

Old March 5th 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pauho

Default Interference Problem

I'm currently on dial up, and will hopefully be getting broadband in the
near future. I do have a problem though, where if the hall light is on, then
the speed will drop right down, and will occasionally disconnect. I assume
this is because the phone wire and the light wire are two close together and
that the active wire causes interference in the connection.
My question is, does anybody know if this will also cause interference with
an ADSL connection?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Old March 6th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike GW8IJT

"Pauho" wrote in message
I'm currently on dial up, and will hopefully be getting broadband in

the
near future. I do have a problem though, where if the hall light is

on, then
the speed will drop right down, and will occasionally disconnect. I

assume
this is because the phone wire and the light wire are too close

together and
that the active wire causes interference in the connection.
My question is, does anybody know if this will also cause interference

with
an ADSL connection?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Is the hall light a low energy bulb, if it is, change it.
Some low energy bulbs give out interference, but most don't.
Otherwise, check out the wiring of the light for faulty connections, and
tighten up all the terminal screws.
Also, is the wiring to your phone proper telephone cable? If it isn't
then it may well affect broadband.
Typically, phone cable for indoor use looks like this:-
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/66i0.jpg

Regards Mike.