30 Days notice and online contracts?

Old March 5th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rhythmmaster

Default 30 Days notice and online contracts?

Geez.......Okay here's one for you-why not scrap the 30 days notic
period and call these ONE MONTH contracts TWO MONTH contracts if that
how long it takes to get out of them!

Actually if any of you guys can find me a page which details how onlin
contracts work i would be more than impressed. Can anyone find me
webpage which states if u do not give ISPs 30 days notice you ar
breaking the law (lets forget the ISPs little contractual obligation
here, having worked in an industry based on contracts i am well awar
of the rubbish comapnies write into contracts. Its not just propert
that requires a signature. What about work contracts? music contracts
Anything to do with a solicitor? Sure there are lots of comanie
working with debit/credit cards but thats for one off purchases) Al
you guys just seem to be quoting nonsense ISPs have rammed down you
throats!

I find it ridiculous not one of you can see my point here! Yet agai
companies are shafting us domestic customers up the backside!

Please, please, please Give me a GOOD reason, not just 'well you signe
up for it' why i should HAVE to use a company for an extra month after
have made the decision to move onto some else! Incidently they way
"entered" this susposed contract was by giving my switch number to a
ISP employee over the phone. I canceled my credit card which i had use
to pay for 12 months worth of broadband use a year ago and they calle
demanding payment. After 3 months of this i decided to migrate and eve
though that has happened i am still getting the other ISP callin
looking for money for this 30 day period!

Cheer

--
rhythmmaster
Old March 6th 05, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article ,
says...

Geez.......Okay here's one for you-why not scrap the 30 days notice
period and call these ONE MONTH contracts TWO MONTH contracts if thats
how long it takes to get out of them!

Actually if any of you guys can find me a page which details how online
contracts work i would be more than impressed. Can anyone find me a
webpage which states if u do not give ISPs 30 days notice you are
breaking the law (lets forget the ISPs little contractual obligations
here, having worked in an industry based on contracts i am well aware
of the rubbish comapnies write into contracts. Its not just property
that requires a signature. What about work contracts? music contracts?
Anything to do with a solicitor? Sure there are lots of comanies
working with debit/credit cards but thats for one off purchases) All
you guys just seem to be quoting nonsense ISPs have rammed down your
throats!

I find it ridiculous not one of you can see my point here! Yet again
companies are shafting us domestic customers up the backside!

Please, please, please Give me a GOOD reason, not just 'well you signed
up for it' why i should HAVE to use a company for an extra month after I
have made the decision to move onto some else! Incidently they way i
"entered" this susposed contract was by giving my switch number to an
ISP employee over the phone. I canceled my credit card which i had used
to pay for 12 months worth of broadband use a year ago and they called
demanding payment. After 3 months of this i decided to migrate and even
though that has happened i am still getting the other ISP calling
looking for money for this 30 day period!

Cheers

Hasn't your employment contract got a 30 day (1 month) notice period?
Most for salaried staff do.
--
Mugwump

Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk