Bulldog LLU, ZEN and BT

Old March 6th 05, 05:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Bulldog LLU, ZEN and BT

1 - Anybody any idea, after one has a bulldog phoneline, how much it
costs to go back to BT.

2- Thinking of moving to either Bulldog(4mb) or Zen(2mb) any caveats I
should be aware of. I'm already aware of migration delays, previous
Bulldog problems, Bulldog 5 static IP charge.

I like the complete Zen package and its reputation.
I like the Bulldog speed and special offer ('til 10 March).

I'm guessing that the BT 4/8mb service will not become available for
6-12 months so looking at the next 12+ months on any one ISP until the
competition widens.

TIA,
Mike

p.s At present on demon 512k and could go to 1mb but I think they
require another 12month committment.
Old March 6th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

its free to go back to BT
bulldog is good

Old March 6th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Mike" " wrote in message
1 - Anybody any idea, after one has a bulldog phoneline, how much it costs
to go back to BT.

Going "back" to BT would be free.

Bulldog LLU lines are still maintained by BT Wholesale - its just that you
would have to go via Bulldog if you had any line problems while a Bulldog
customer.

2- Thinking of moving to either Bulldog(4mb) or Zen(2mb) any caveats I
should be aware of. I'm already aware of migration delays, previous
Bulldog problems, Bulldog 5 static IP charge.

I think you seem aware of all the main issues - though most of the previous
Bulldog problems did not affect LLU customers but those connecting via BT's
network - particularly the fact that on certain exchanges Bulldog customers
seem to have delays in being connected.

I like the complete Zen package and its reputation.

Zen are a very good ISP - though don't expect them to necessarily offer
faster speeds as soon as they are offered from BT Wholesale (i.e. on the
trial for instance)

This is because the faster speeds trials are currently limited to ISP's
using CBC/UBC while Zen still use "standard" charging.

I like the Bulldog speed and special offer ('til 10 March).

Bulldog will either extend this offer or have a different one when this
expires - they always seem to have a offer on.

I'm guessing that the BT 4/8mb service will not become available for 6-12
months so looking at the next 12+ months on any one ISP until the
competition widens.

The "upto 8mb" services from BT are going to be intially trialled on 21
exchanges - though this may increase over time.

A "proper"/nationwide service won't be launched until Autumn..

Bulldog and BT Wholesale are also both planning to launch ADSL2+ services..
and I would expect Bulldog's products to go "live" first.

If you are thinking of signing up with Bulldog would you mind quoting my
referral code -just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How
did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or just mention it while
ordering by telephone.

Regards
Sunil