Question about tesco.net and a MAC

Old March 6th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robotic_minotaur

Default Question about tesco.net and a MAC

Hi i have recently got tesco.net broadband and have a BELKIN F5D7630UK4

wireless adsl router. I have been trying to set it up for ages now bu
with no luckso far. To set up i am using a ibook G4 as would like t
connect wirelessly from everything and the only thing that can be nea
enough to the phone to use the cable provided is the ibook. I also hav
a windows PC which i would like ot connect wirelessly.

My question is this i have set up the router with the username in th
format and using the password. I have set u
using the details given in other threads such as VPI = 0, VCI = 38
PPPoA, MTU = 1458 etc. but for some reason once these are entered th
system logs me out then when i log back into the router it says ADS
connected but say Internet Connection no connection (or somethin
similar) and when i try to go to a site using internet explorer on th
mac it says it can't find the server and i have tried this severa
times. Is there an option i need to change to tell the ibook to use th
ethernet for the connection to the internet or something else? i hav
not yet tried the PC as i want to get the wired link working first.
had first set up the connection to use the supplied speedtouch 330 an
that could connect fine any ideas

--
robotic_minotaur
Old March 8th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul C

You should not need Internet Connect to use Ethernet. In your Network Port
Configuration, move the Ethernet connection to the top of the list and turn
off everything else.
Paul
"robotic_minotaur" m wrote
in message . com...

Hi i have recently got tesco.net broadband and have a BELKIN F5D7630UK4A

wireless adsl router. I have been trying to set it up for ages now but
with no luckso far. To set up i am using a ibook G4 as would like to
connect wirelessly from everything and the only thing that can be near
enough to the phone to use the cable provided is the ibook. I also have
a windows PC which i would like ot connect wirelessly.

My question is this i have set up the router with the username in the
format and using the password. I have set up
using the details given in other threads such as VPI = 0, VCI = 38,
PPPoA, MTU = 1458 etc. but for some reason once these are entered the
system logs me out then when i log back into the router it says ADSL
connected but say Internet Connection no connection (or something
similar) and when i try to go to a site using internet explorer on the
mac it says it can't find the server and i have tried this several
times. Is there an option i need to change to tell the ibook to use the
ethernet for the connection to the internet or something else? i have
not yet tried the PC as i want to get the wired link working first. I
had first set up the connection to use the supplied speedtouch 330 and