what can you do? - adsl isp cancel

Old March 6th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

Default what can you do? - adsl isp cancel

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:25:09 GMT, wrote:

Has anyone else here on adsl broadband had trouble getting their line
returned? having to wait in excess of say 1 calendar month, and if so,
what did you do to get your line back?

It took 10 weeks between me asking for an immediate disconnection from
Easynet and my line become free. Most of this was down to Easynet's
inept admin system, I didn't discover until about week 7 that Easynet
hadn't actually requested the disconnection from BT.

In my case weeks of nagging the Easynet's support and billing people
got me no where. In the end the thing only got sorted out because one
of Easynet's sales people spotted my whingeing about the situation in
the ADSLGuide forums and took it upon himself to get it disconnected.
Even once he got involved it still took weeks for it to actually
happen.

I was fully expecting it to take a long time, I had come across other
people that had the same problem before. Because of this I had a
second phone line installed with ADSL working on it before I cancelled
my Easynet service.

Have you tried writing directly to the Managing Director of the ISP,
making sure that you identify him/her by name ? I didn't do this, but
on reflection it might have been a good move.
--
Andy Norman

http://www.norman.cx/
Replace the fish with my first name to reply