A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Sort of o/t - using 123reg's mailbox service



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 6th 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default Sort of o/t - using 123reg's mailbox service

I already have a basic hostname registered with them, and forward my
email on to whichever provider I am with

It's a small PITA changing the redirects when I change ISP's (especially
if an ADSL provider switch can by done in a jiffy), so was going to use
them to also host my mailboxes also. Are they fairly reliable? I'm on
ADSL I'd say at least once or twice a week I get problems connecting to
my present ntlworl.com (dialup) mailboxes (had problems even when
dialing up via their number).

As to why I am still using ntlworld while on ADSL - well since making
over 15 worth of phone calls, it's worth it for the time being to keep
our mailboxes. But that's irrelevant here - I am just interested in
123reg's POP3 hosting service

Thanks
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email
  #2  
Old March 6th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JD
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Sort of o/t - using 123reg's mailbox service

You could always use googles gmail to host them it supports pop3
downloads and is indepenednat of your isp and works lovely if you need
to setup a gmail account just mail me and I will invite you.




Mike NG wrote:
I already have a basic hostname registered with them, and forward my
email on to whichever provider I am with

It's a small PITA changing the redirects when I change ISP's (especially
if an ADSL provider switch can by done in a jiffy), so was going to use
them to also host my mailboxes also. Are they fairly reliable? I'm on
ADSL I'd say at least once or twice a week I get problems connecting to
my present ntlworl.com (dialup) mailboxes (had problems even when
dialing up via their number).

As to why I am still using ntlworld while on ADSL - well since making
over 15 worth of phone calls, it's worth it for the time being to keep
our mailboxes. But that's irrelevant here - I am just interested in
123reg's POP3 hosting service

Thanks

  #3  
Old March 6th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default Sort of o/t - using 123reg's mailbox service

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 at 22:39:56, JD (JD )
wrote:
You could always use googles gmail to host them it supports pop3
downloads and is indepenednat of your isp and works lovely if you need
to setup a gmail account just mail me and I will invite you.

I never thought of that. I already have one gmail account, but will
need more for the different redirects. I will certainly give your offer
some thought, but I've heard too many stories about their beta service
dropping emails, and I can't be doing with that!
--
Mike
  #4  
Old March 7th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,496
Default Sort of o/t - using 123reg's mailbox service

On 6 Mar 2005 Mike NG wrote:

I already have one gmail account, but will need more for the different redirects.


Depends what the different redirects are needed for but with my runbox mail
box, I can send to where 'keyword' is of my
choice and can be used within filters on runbox to file mail in runbox
folders, or forward an incoming item to some other mail address (I only
forward message alerts, not the actual messages, but you can do either)


--
runbox.com - 1000 MB of mail storage and 100 MB for files...
30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What sort of line problem? Gareth uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 December 5th 04 07:43 PM
Pipex - no help if mailbox over-spammed? Jann uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 15 April 30th 04 05:36 PM
more plusnet mailbox help!! Alun Williams uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 February 9th 04 05:22 PM
plusnet mailbox help Alun Williams uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 10 February 5th 04 07:11 PM
[UK-Bug] Usenet sync is working again (sort of) Andy Jenkins uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 October 10th 03 05:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.