is 98SE the minimum spec for broadband?

Old March 6th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jelv

Default is 98SE the minimum spec for broadband?

Alex, Boosbeck. wrote:
Hi folks. My dad is thinking about getting broadband installed,
but I notice, that many of the ISPs state 98SE as the minimum
requirement, as does the Voyager105 CD, which I presume is the
freebie supplied by most isps. His PC is old, P3 450Mhz 128Mb
RAM, and runs the original version of 98 (fully patched). Is he
going to have to upgrade his OS? I notice though, that Tiscali
doesn't require 98SE, but I've advised him not to take this
route! what's the score with 98?

The minimum probably relates to the idea of connecting using a USB modem
which requires a minimum of W98SE. If you use a network card and
router/modem, anything that will support TCP/IP will be OK - Win 95 and
probably Win 3.11 would be OK!

--
John