is 98SE the minimum spec for broadband?

Old March 7th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeT

Default is 98SE the minimum spec for broadband?

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:38:39 +0000, BORG wrote in

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:00:16 +0000, "Alex, Boosbeck."
wrote:

Hi folks. My dad is thinking about getting broadband installed,
but I notice, that many of the ISPs state 98SE as the minimum
requirement, as does the Voyager105 CD, which I presume is the
freebie supplied by most isps. His PC is old, P3 450Mhz 128Mb
RAM, and runs the original version of 98 (fully patched). Is he
going to have to upgrade his OS? I notice though, that Tiscali
doesn't require 98SE, but I've advised him not to take this
route! what's the score with 98?

Another thing to think about is M$ have withdrawn all support for 98,
so no updates or security fixes

No - they haven't.
Whilst Microsoft did initially intend to withdraw support just over a year
ago, they changed their minds and decided to continue with critical updates
until 30th June 2006.

--
Mike T