Anyone used ntlfreedom?

Old March 7th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

Default Anyone used ntlfreedom?

I'm considering it for my daughter's house, any reports?

I use ntl cable and, thankfully, it has been fine necessitating no calls to
ntl's appalling customer service.

JPG
Old March 7th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:00:19 +0000, JPG wrote:

I'm considering it for my daughter's house, any reports?

I use ntl cable and, thankfully, it has been fine necessitating no calls to
ntl's appalling customer service.

Hmmm

If you are aware of how bad ntl's customer service can be then why are
you even considering them. There are dozens of other ADSL suppliers
who have decent customer service.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old March 7th 05, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:00:38 +0000, Andrew Norman wrote:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:00:19 +0000, JPG wrote:

I'm considering it for my daughter's house, any reports?

I use ntl cable and, thankfully, it has been fine necessitating no calls to
ntl's appalling customer service.

Hmmm

If you are aware of how bad ntl's customer service can be then why are
you even considering them. There are dozens of other ADSL suppliers
who have decent customer service.

OK, one reason I wanted ntl was so that my daughters can keep the email
addresses they had at home, but this is not essential - can you suggest an ISP
with good customer service and with the attributes listed below?

I want free activation and to re-use a Wireless router I already have, so I need
an ADSL modem with ethernet port. Or is there an ISP with free activation but
no modem, so I can buy a new ADSL Modem-Wireless Router?

The PC is a 166Mhz P2, Win98SE with a wireless network card already installed.

A WinXP home laptop with WiFi PC card will also be networked. I intend that a
WiFi PDA and a Netgem I-Player web-enabled Freeview receiver may be used,
principally as a digital TV receiver but also as a wireless network media
server.

JPG

Old March 7th 05, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

JPG wrote:
I'm considering it for my daughter's house, any reports?

I use ntl cable and, thankfully, it has been fine necessitating no calls to
ntl's appalling customer service.

Just wait until you try and leave them !

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old March 7th 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeT

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:34:26 +0000, JPG wrote in

If you are aware of how bad ntl's customer service can be then why are
you even considering them. There are dozens of other ADSL suppliers
who have decent customer service.

OK, one reason I wanted ntl was so that my daughters can keep the email
addresses they had at home, but this is not essential - can you suggest an ISP
with good customer service and with the attributes listed below?

I too was concerned about losing my email addresses with NTL when moving
from my 56k dial up account, so moved to a PAYG account with the same user
name. That way I was able to retain them all.

--
Mike Coleraine 55.13N 6.69W posted 07/03/2005 15:28:14 UTC
Old March 22nd 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:08:20 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

JPG wrote:
I'm considering it for my daughter's house, any reports?

I use ntl cable and, thankfully, it has been fine necessitating no calls to
ntl's appalling customer service.

Just wait until you try and leave them !

Indeed I've just received a bill for a phone line which was
transferred to BT at the end of January. Apparently this wasn't enough
to convince ntl I didn't want the service any more.

Useless idiots. I would rather use dial-up and terrestrial than have
any dealings with them again. That's if I ever get away from their
clutches!