Pipex and Newsgroups

Old March 7th 05, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mo

Default Pipex and Newsgroups

Let me get this straight, Pipex offers its usenet access via Giganews with a
10gb allowance (2 for extra 5gb a month)

And it has exatcly the same retention and completness as the proper Giganews
product?

Only drawback is you can only have 2 connections, any plans to change this
as i can only get about 40kb on my 1mb connection - and i can get ful lspeed
on the porper Giganews version......

is ideal for fills or getting stuff if you dont need it really quick though
i guess....

any comments?

Old March 8th 05, 05:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nospam

"mo" wrote:

Let me get this straight, Pipex offers its usenet access via Giganews with a
10gb allowance (2 for extra 5gb a month)

And it has exatcly the same retention and completness as the proper Giganews
product?

Only drawback is you can only have 2 connections, any plans to change this
as i can only get about 40kb on my 1mb connection - and i can get ful lspeed
on the porper Giganews version......

is ideal for fills or getting stuff if you dont need it really quick though
i guess....

any comments?

Best check on this yourself but I believe when you buy extra allowance you
get an additional connection for the rest of the month. Buying 10GB will
get you two extra connections and so on.

For 6 quid/month you would just about be able to fill your 1Mb connection
and have a 25GB allowance. In previous discussions people suggested that
compares reasonably well with a direct giganews subscription.