How much data does VOIP use?

Old March 7th 05, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

Default How much data does VOIP use?

Say a 5min call on a 2MB line. I am thinking of my data upload/download
figures for my metered ADSL service here.
--
Mike
Old March 7th 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Mike NG" wrote in message
Say a 5min call on a 2MB line. I am thinking of my data upload/download
figures for my metered ADSL service here.
--
Mike

Approx 100kbs each way using G711 as a guide so from my maths that 3.75MB
each way, But taking into effect that you both wont be talking at the same
time it will be less.

All business calls are VOIP and that has little effect on the cost of my
metronet bill, But I do use G729 and ilbc for most of my calls.(30+ calls a
day)

Ian