Homecall

Old March 7th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kyoku1968

Default Homecall

I have been using Homecall for less than a month now. I keep losing m
Broadband connection during the eveningsg and often around the sam
times although not exactly. Usually 18.30 then 19.30 then 21.30
Sometimes the only way I can recconnect is to restart my p.c . Homecal
haven't answered a single e-mail regarding this and the first one wa
sent on 23 Feb. The customer support line has an answer phone messag
when they are too buisy which says they are experiencing unusually hig
call volumes and to try later then it cuts you off. Well the fact tha
it happens every evening means it can't be that unusual.Anyway I hav
actually spoken to several members of the tech team and no-one has com
up with a solution so now I am serching the forums for help. So an
thoughs as to why i keep losing my connection

--
kyoku1968
Old March 8th 05, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Sometimes the only way I can recconnect is to restart my p.c.

This was common on USB modems with VIA chipsets on the motherboard (and
i`ve also seen it with a SiS chipset)

Are you doing anything particular (like heavy gaming) when it happens ?