I got my 3mb NTL Broadband

Old March 8th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Glenn Kendall

Default I got my 3mb NTL Broadband

Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone, getting
over 3mb

Super Smashing Great welcome to bulseye

Fatspark

Old March 8th 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Glenn Kendall" wrote in message
Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone, getting
over 3mb

downgraded mine from 1.5 to 2, and saving 13 a month ;-)

P.

Old March 9th 05, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Glenn Kendall wrote:
Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone,
getting over 3mb

Super Smashing Great welcome to bulseye

Fatspark

Pity about the 1GB a day cap.....

Old March 9th 05, 06:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
Glenn Kendall wrote:
Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone,
getting over 3mb

Super Smashing Great welcome to bulseye

Fatspark

Pity about the 1GB a day cap.....

which is no worse than the current cap that NTL rarely enforce. In their
blurb, they say they "reserve the right to contact customers who exceed
their limit, and by doing sok, impact on network performance". I don't
think, for the majority of users, it will make much difference.

P.

Old March 9th 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:36:21 -0000, "kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote:

Glenn Kendall wrote:
Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone,
getting over 3mb

Super Smashing Great welcome to bulseye

Fatspark

Pity about the 1GB a day cap.....

If you are worried about a 1 GB a day cap you are obviously doing something
illegal, or constantly streaming a 128Kb/s radio station.

JPG
Old March 9th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
user

wrote:

Glenn Kendall wrote:
Just called NTL and they upgraded my 1.5mb to 3mb over the phone,
getting over 3mb

Super Smashing Great welcome to bulseye

Fatspark

Pity about the 1GB a day cap.....

If you are worried about a 1 GB a day cap you are obviously doing

something
illegal, or constantly streaming a 128Kb/s radio station.

Not necessarily, if I want to download a new release, update or service
pack from my Microsoft MSDN subscription then this can easily exceed 1gb for
a perfectly legit download.

Old March 9th 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

-
-Not necessarily, if I want to download a new release, update or service
-pack from my Microsoft MSDN subscription then this can easily exceed 1gb for
-a perfectly legit download.

And I think the point is that you won't be doing this every day, or even every
week. Ntl don't seem to warn people who go over the 1Gb on occasions - they are
more interested in the serial leeches.

I don't believe anyone has ever been unreasonably cut off by ntl for going over
the limit anyway - unless someone can show me some evidence?

regards

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old March 9th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"user" wrote in message

Not necessarily, if I want to download a new release, update or service
pack from my Microsoft MSDN subscription then this can easily exceed 1gb
for
a perfectly legit download.

And you would do this every day of the month would you?

Old March 9th 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Rob S wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:44:15 -0000, "user" wrote:

- If you are worried about a 1 GB a day cap you are obviously doing
-something
- illegal, or constantly streaming a 128Kb/s radio station.
-
-Not necessarily, if I want to download a new release, update or
service
-pack from my Microsoft MSDN subscription then this can easily exceed
1gb for
-a perfectly legit download.

And I think the point is that you won't be doing this every day, or
even every week. Ntl don't seem to warn people who go over the 1Gb on
occasions - they are more interested in the serial leeches.

The point is that you can not see any other usage than that of it being
illegal, which only goes to show how small minded you are in your thinking..

I often have steaming audio as a backbround to me working at home, then
there's the wife & her usage, the daughter in law _legally_ downloading
images & other data for her craft hobbies & then there's my son doing his
bit & then there's my daughter etc.......

Just because you may not see any requirement doesn't mean that people who do
so are doing something illegal...