BT Yahoo adsl connection failure

Old March 8th 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default BT Yahoo adsl connection failure

I have just wasted a couple of days of my life and looked like a prat
in front of customers because I failed to realise that ADSL routers
supplied by BT do not use the username and password which BT provide
you to connect to the BT Radius server. Instead they ignore your input
and use a generic login.

That is fine except BT are currently providing users with emails
saying their ID is when in fact their ID is
. Hence the router supplied by BT works - and the
router you configure with the 'same' connection information fails due
to the log in being denied. Unfortunately a router just fails to
connect - they don't give reasons. If you have a
ID
and you are having problems connecting try changing the ID to

Please let me know if this helps you as I have had severe pain over
this problem despite trawling the newsgroups. The pain will be less if
I am able to help others by this discovery.
Good luck !!!
Old March 8th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
I have just wasted a couple of days of my life and looked like a prat
in front of customers because I failed to realise that ADSL routers
supplied by BT do not use the username and password which BT provide
you to connect to the BT Radius server. Instead they ignore your input
and use a generic login.

My router uses the BT supplied username and password.

Old March 8th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
[...]

All the installs I have done have used the BB username and pasword supplied,
Which in some cases has not been the same as the ones supplied for the email
and webspace. Sure the customer gave you the correct info

Ian

Old March 9th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On 8 Mar 2005 12:47:57 -0800, [Chris] said :-

[...]

What does the email _actually_ say ?, i.e. the full wording (removing
any mail addresses of course).

Are you sure the email says that the broadband login ID is actually
? This is the email ID, and portal login.

Until recently, the login ID was of the form
,
and still is for many (except that the xxx can be anything these
days). New provides are of the form
, where again
xxx can be anything. The routers/modems now supplied by BTYahoo! come
preconfigured with
as login name. All passwords
can be anything as it is ignored.