BT broadband upgrade unreliable

Old March 9th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Default BT broadband upgrade unreliable

Hi all,

I got upgraded by BT last week from 512k to 2mb. Since then I have lost my
connection at least once a day and had to ask the modem to reconnect. Anyone
else found this? Are faster connections less reliable? With 512 I had 13
months uninterrupted service!

Simon

Old March 9th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:46:53 -0000, "Simon"
wrote:

Hi all,

I got upgraded by BT last week from 512k to 2mb. Since then I have lost my
connection at least once a day and had to ask the modem to reconnect. Anyone
else found this? Are faster connections less reliable? With 512 I had 13
months uninterrupted service!

Simon

Are you using the USB Voyager 100 modem by any chance ?

Jim
Old March 9th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Simon wrote:
Hi all,

I got upgraded by BT last week from 512k to 2mb. Since then I have lost my
connection at least once a day and had to ask the modem to reconnect. Anyone
else found this? Are faster connections less reliable? With 512 I had 13
months uninterrupted service!

Any given line will have a given amount of noise on it, and reduce the
signal by a certain amount.
This may vary during the day, or randomly over times of weeks.

2mb requires a better line than 512kb.
It's probable that your line is marginal for 2Mb.
AIUI, BT will not fix this, if regrading back to 512Kb would solve it,
as it probably would.

Old March 10th 05, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Thanks for that. I suspected that was so. For info, I'm not using a BT
modem.

Si