Speedtouch strange routes

Old March 10th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jazzy jeff

Default Speedtouch strange routes

I have had accessing certain websites for a while using my speedtouch 510v4
router.
I could not get to www.adobe.com 192.150.18.60

After looking into the router config, I found there were some strange routes
defined
eg 192.0.0.0/8 goes to the ethernet interface rather than the DSL interface.
I removed this and the other suspicous routes and all seems fine now.

I've never used the IP Routing page before so I can't think where they came
from.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old March 10th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
phantom

After looking into the router config, I found there were some strange
routes
defined
eg 192.0.0.0/8 goes to the ethernet interface rather than the DSL

interface.
I removed this and the other suspicous routes and all seems fine now.

I've never used the IP Routing page before so I can't think where they

came
from.

192.168.0.0/16 is defined as private (non-internet) space, maybe its a
default route in the firmware (except that they got it wrong)

Old March 10th 05, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jazzy jeff

192.168.0.0/16 is defined as private (non-internet) space, maybe its a
default route in the firmware (except that they got it wrong)

This route was also there.

Ah well, it works now. Just curious to see if it's just me or if there are
other people who can't get to some websites because of a dodgy route. And I
still don't understand where it came from.