BT Yahoo customer service

Old March 10th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default BT Yahoo customer service

I was on BT Openworld adsl a few years ago when I was in London and found
customer service reasonably good. Since then have moved to Scotland and my
exchange will be adsl enabled in June. Can anyone tell me what the BT Yahoo
service line is like? Was originally thininking of Zen but got put off them
when they said they do no accept pre orders and only contact them once my
exchange was enabled and then there would be at least a two week wait before
connection.
Alan

Old March 10th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:29:43 +0000 (UTC), "Alan"
wrote:

I cann't comment on Zen or BY Yahoo (other than to say that reading
this group implies that anything with BT in its title is quite poor..)
but...

Was originally thininking of Zen but got put off them
when they said they do no accept pre orders and only contact them once my
exchange was enabled and then there would be at least a two week wait before
connection.

.... AFAIK this is all likely to be true anyway, and its not down to
your ISP but to BT.

Suggestion: Choose an ISP for reasons which will affect how you use
your service AFTER you get it. Thats considerably more important than
waiting an extra week or so, if what you get is rubbish.
Old March 10th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Alan" wrote in message
I was on BT Openworld adsl a few years ago when I was in London and found
customer service reasonably good. Since then have moved to Scotland and my
exchange will be adsl enabled in June. Can anyone tell me what the BT Yahoo
service line is like? Was originally thininking of Zen but got put off them
when they said they do no accept pre orders and only contact them once my
exchange was enabled and then there would be at least a two week wait
before connection.

Well you have waited all this time, another few weeks will not harm. I am
with BTYahoo and am very happy with the service, but there are better value
services out there. Zen is one of them.
As Mark says, choose an isp on what they can offer you on a service as a
whole, not the initial ordering system.

Old March 11th 05, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark eldon

look at www.adslguide.org.uk and the option to compare ISP's - find one
you
like and call them in the early hours !

This is why I have been with Plus Net since 2003

"Alan" wrote in message
I was on BT Openworld adsl a few years ago when I was in London and found
customer service reasonably good. Since then have moved to Scotland and

my
exchange will be adsl enabled in June. Can anyone tell me what the BT

Yahoo
service line is like? Was originally thininking of Zen but got put off

them
when they said they do no accept pre orders and only contact them once my
exchange was enabled and then there would be at least a two week wait
before connection.
Alan

It has removed 953 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!