Pipex upgrade - newsgroup downside

Old March 10th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred

Default Pipex upgrade - newsgroup downside

I am on solo 1000 lite (8mb / month) which has full newsgroup access. Pipex
customer services have just confirmed that when my account is upgraded to
2000 lite I will lose newsgroup access as the new lite services don't
include it. They gave me no options other than sending an e mail to
complain - apparently my taking the trouble to phone them doesn't count as
complaining !!

Bo**ocks

Old March 10th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:37:15 UTC, "Fred" wrote:

I am on solo 1000 lite (8mb / month) which has full newsgroup access. Pipex
customer services have just confirmed that when my account is upgraded to
2000 lite I will lose newsgroup access as the new lite services don't
include it. They gave me no options other than sending an e mail to
complain - apparently my taking the trouble to phone them doesn't count as
complaining !!

Bo**ocks

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

Old March 10th 05, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Bob Eager wrote:

: Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
: spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

Or, if you want less than 50Mb/day, what's wrong with a $3.95 one-off
payment to www.teranews.com??
Old March 10th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

I have been having a little problem with news.individual.net the last couple
of days. I am seeing alot of posts and not original articles.

Old March 10th 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Fred" wrote in message
I am on solo 1000 lite (8mb / month) which has full newsgroup access. Pipex
customer services have just confirmed that when my account is upgraded to
2000 lite I will lose newsgroup access as the new lite services don't
include it. They gave me no options other than sending an e mail to
complain - apparently my taking the trouble to phone them doesn't count as
complaining !!

So if like me you have 512Kb Solo connection, and a line that wont take a 1mb
connection, you have to become a 'Lite' customer and loose Newsgroup access.

Bo**ocks

Something of an understatement!

--

Michael Chare

Old March 10th 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Bob Eager wrote:

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

I've never paid a penny for my account with them. Is this a new charge?
Old March 10th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In ,
Silk wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

I've never paid a penny for my account with them. Is this a new charge?

Compulsory from April 1st..

http://news.individual.net/
--
aa

Old March 10th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

aa wrote:
In ,
Silk wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

I've never paid a penny for my account with them. Is this a new charge?

Compulsory from April 1st..

http://news.individual.net/

so which would be the next best free one then?
Old March 10th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

"johnydeath" wrote in message
aa wrote:
In ,
Silk wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Well, spend 10 euro a year on news.individual.net - you'll probably
spend more than that trying to get them to address your complaint!

I've never paid a penny for my account with them. Is this a new charge?

Compulsory from April 1st..

http://news.individual.net/

so which would be the next best free one then?

news.x-privat.org
news.shared-secrets.com
news.aioe.org
news.sunsite.dk