P2P legal in France !

Old March 11th 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default P2P legal in France !

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/03/11...99&tid=95&tid=
17

Dave.....

Old March 11th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

http://tinyurl.com/4mw3e

Old March 11th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:21:55 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/4mw3e

Yes, but on the other hand, it seems that disclosure of security
weaknesses in other people's software is illegal.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/10/tegam_verdict/
Old March 13th 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Dave wrote:
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/03/11...99&tid=95&tid=
17

So..? I'm not in France and this is a uk group..!

Ivor

Old March 13th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/03/11...99&tid=95&tid=
17

So..? I'm not in France and this is a uk group..!

Ivor

I am ! someone maybe interested ?

Dave...

Old March 13th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:15:33 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

I am ! someone maybe interested ?

However if you read the french article rather than the slashdot
headline, you'll see that the judgement did not legalise P2P.

The guy was being pursued for downloading movies, not uploading them,
and the ruling merely affirmed that downloading them for private
consumption isn't illegal under french law. If he'd been copying and
uploading copies, he'd have been roasted as has happened elsewhere in
France.