OneTel webmail {new format} causing d/load grief+slow appearance of Add Book

Old March 12th 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Default OneTel webmail {new format} causing d/load grief+slow appearance of Add Book

Since One Tel "Enhanced" their webmail design I now find that even on
1mb connection, when I select Address Book it takes several minutes to
appear, and locks up screen during process.

For dial up users must be painful; One Tel Cu Serv advised, but no
response.

Worse problem is that Onetel on all attachments received, offers them
on e mail page as zip file too; however I find that neither powerpoint
or mpegs that are over 1mb will d/load properly, eitehr as zip or
uncompressed format.
If you select "Save to file" the folder opens up immediately, but there
is no content.

If I forward to another ISP who shows attachments at base, and not
messing around with zip formats, they d/load normally.
Again reported to One Tel as a flaw.
When I get to my PC with O/Express they d/load fine, but not being able
to do via webmail sucks.

Old March 14th 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Umm. If the time it took me to convince them that their on-line (PDF) bills
were invalid about a year ago was anything to go by, don't hold your breath.

I even told them why, having debugged the problem for them but they still
took 4 months to solve it.

Paul DS.