PIPEX Speed Upgrade Programme - some confusion

Old March 12th 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

Default PIPEX Speed Upgrade Programme - some confusion

Hi,

I have just received an email from Pipex about the ongoing speed upgrade
programme:

this speed increase).
--------------------------------------

However, they had sent me an earlier email stating:

--------------------------------------

(...)
In our continuing campaign to make broadband services even more affordable,
we
are delighted to announce that we will be upgrading you to our
PIPEX Solo 2000 service, at no extra cost! However, the Solo 1000 special
offer
price of 28.95, a 12 month promotion, is coming to an end. Once the upgrade
has
taken place your new monthly subscription will be 33.99.
to 33.99 (so a 5 increase per month). Additionally, they say that you can
"force" the upgrade to happen quicker through the control panel, by paying a
fee. For me, it displays the Pipex Solo 2000 package at a monthly price of
33.99...

I have spotted that Nildram have a 2mb connection for a monthly price of
25.99. This is a capped connection, but with a 50gb download limit (so only
an issue if doing P2P all the time; limit only applies to downstream data).

I just called Pipex customer service to cancel (I had sent an email before
but no reply) and the customer representative didn't know Nildram (although
I believe it belongs to Pipex) and only offered a free month to retain me (I
have been on Pipex ADSL for 3 years).

I am waiting for my MAC reference to migrate to Nildram now. I may save 8 a
month or 3, who knows? Nildram are probably as good if not better anyway
(at least for customer service), so I am not bothered.

My conclusion: confuse your customers and they will go elsewhere!! Why not
have a nice page on your site to explain CLEARLY what's happening?

Seb

Same post on ADSLGuide:
(http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1716939)

Old March 12th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Tom
writes
I have spotted that Nildram have a 2mb connection for a monthly price
of 25.99. This is a capped connection, but with a 50gb download limit
(so only an issue if doing P2P all the time; limit only applies to
downstream data).

Very nice it is too!

[Snip]

I went to Nildram from Pipex because Pipex were ****e. If they make