Another is my line good enough post!

Old March 13th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

Default Another is my line good enough post!

These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

TIA

--

Shevek

iTunesRegistry.com: 1,806 tracks, 2.752 diversity
http://www.itunesregistry.com/report...?showuser=2011

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

Get Firefox!
Old March 13th 05, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"Shevek" wrote in message
These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Where/How do you get them figures?

Old March 13th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:26:28 -0000, "Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c
o m wrote:

"Shevek" wrote in message
.. .
These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Where/How do you get them figures?

Log into the router then go to
htp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ADSL_status_main.stm where the xxxs match your
router IP

More secret pages listed here
http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/belkinadsl/

Old March 13th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:30:14 +0000 (UTC), "Marky"
wrote:

yep thats fine for 1mb

cheers! good news...

Old March 13th 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"Shevek" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:26:28 -0000, "Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c
o m wrote:

"Shevek" wrote in message
.. .
These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Where/How do you get them figures?

Log into the router then go to
htp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ADSL_status_main.stm where the xxxs match your
router IP

More secret pages listed here
http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/belkinadsl/

I don't have a router )

Old March 13th 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Shevek" wrote in message
These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Your line is good enough for 2MB and should be good for upto 8MB as well
(when available)

Regards
Sunil

Old March 13th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Shevek wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:30:14 +0000 (UTC), "Marky"
wrote:

yep thats fine for 1mb

cheers! good news...

Only if the figures are accurate, some routers apparently plug the figures
out of the air with little or no regard to accuracy.

I've got a few routers here & the difference between the best reading & the
worst is over 20db....

Old March 13th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:38:24 -0000, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Shevek" wrote in message
.. .
These are the stats from my Belkin 7630... Currently on Pipex 512
awaiting upgrade to 1000

Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Your line is good enough for 2MB and should be good for upto 8MB as well
(when available)

heh! that's even better news!

This is from an extension upstairs. Should I expect better figures
from the main socket downstarirs?

Regards
Sunil

Old March 13th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Shevek" wrote in message
Will these figures be OK..?

UpStream Downstream
Rate 288 576 Kbps
Noise Margin 29 39.5 dB
Output Power 12 20 dBm
Attenuation 21 32 dB

Your line is good enough for 2MB and should be good for upto 8MB as well
(when available)

heh! that's even better news!

This is from an extension upstairs. Should I expect better figures
from the main socket downstarirs?

Your SNR figures may improve - but they already seem quite high.

Regards
Sunil