Tesco.net broadband.

Old March 13th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Default Tesco.net broadband.

Dougal wrote:

Is this a reliable service? Any draw backs?

Thanks

Dougal

The out-laws' exchange has just been enabled. They use Tesco for their
daytime dial up and wanted to switch to broadband.

Tesco told me that they could not have broadband with Tesco because it
is datastream and BT were not allowing datastream to be enabled at that
exchange for the near future. Tesco also said that it may be upto a
year before they are allowed in.

We decided to go with AOL (I know, but is ok for the out-laws) and it
was enabled in a few days.

Still a monopoly??
Old March 13th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BIGEYE

"johnydeath" wrote in message
Dougal wrote:

Is this a reliable service? Any draw backs?

Thanks

Dougal

The out-laws' exchange has just been enabled. They use Tesco for their
daytime dial up and wanted to switch to broadband.

Tesco told me that they could not have broadband with Tesco because it is
datastream and BT were not allowing datastream to be enabled at that
exchange for the near future. Tesco also said that it may be upto a year
before they are allowed in.

We decided to go with AOL (I know, but is ok for the out-laws) and it was
enabled in a few days.

Still a monopoly??

I wouldn't wish AOL on anybody - even the outlaws!

Old March 13th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"johnydeath" wrote in message
Tesco told me that they could not have broadband with Tesco because it is
datastream and BT were not allowing datastream to be enabled at that
exchange for the near future. Tesco also said that it may be upto a year
before they are allowed in.

Still a monopoly??

Tesco/NTL lied - the reason the exchange won't have been DataStreamed is
purely because NTL has not yet chosen to do it yet - nothing to do with BT
restricitions

Regards
Sunil

Old March 13th 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Sunil Sood wrote:
"johnydeath" wrote in message

Tesco told me that they could not have broadband with Tesco because it is
datastream and BT were not allowing datastream to be enabled at that
exchange for the near future. Tesco also said that it may be upto a year
before they are allowed in.

Still a monopoly??

Tesco/NTL lied - the reason the exchange won't have been DataStreamed is
purely because NTL has not yet chosen to do it yet - nothing to do with BT
restricitions

Regards
Sunil

Rgr, may have got the facts slightly confused - but at the end of the
day Tesco couldn't do it.

Cheers for the info.