Any comments on C&W Bulldog service ?

Old March 14th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WattMore

Default Any comments on C&W Bulldog service ?

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

Old March 14th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
OneMeg

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:18:16 -0000, "WattMore"
wrote:

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

Exorbitantly priced, cut off from BT, & won't work for everyone
Old March 14th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WattMore

wrote:

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

Exorbitantly priced, cut off from BT, & won't work for everyone

exorbitant ??

for 39-00 you get 4meg ADSL, includes telephone line standing charge, and
unlimited telephone calls 24/7.

comparable charge

pipex 34 (2meg) + 10.50 (bt standing charge) + 11-00 for unlimited 24/7
telephone calls = 55-00

how can C&W's be exorbitant ?

Old March 14th 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"WattMore" wrote in message
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

Its an LLU service (or Local Loop Unbundling to give it its full name) which
means that Bulldog (owned by Cable and Wireless) have installed their own
equipment in BT's exchanges (directly connected to their core network) which
means Bulldog are totally responsible for the service.. which means that
less is likely to go wrong as only one company is involved.

Most people find their LLU service quite reliable and their 4MB service for
20/mont is a bargain - though Bulldog did have some problems last summer
those were mainly to do with customers connected to heir IPStream/DataStream
platform not their LLU connections.

Other than that the main problem some new customers have is installation
times - on a handful of exchanges this can appartantly take quite a while as
they have line card issues.

Its also worth looking at the Bulldog forum at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
though there are a lot fewer posts as Bulldog now also operate a "customer
only" forum.

If you are thinking of signing up with Bulldog would you mind quoting my
referral code -just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How
did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or just mention it while
ordering by telephone.

Regards
Sunil

Old March 15th 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

WattMore wrote:
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

What I want to know is if you decide to leave Bulldog - who's gonna take
you on?

You'll first have to get BT to hook you back up to their equipment at
the exchange and then who knows what will happen thereafter
Old March 15th 05, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nig

WattMore wrote:
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...P/XP/index.asp

seems very good.

anyone tried it ?

Went live yesterday:-) Was ordered about two weeks ago and the order was
confirmed almost immediately. Then I heard nothing until last wednesday
when I got another email to say activation on the 14th. Got home from
jbex yesterday, reconfigured my router and we-hey:-) I'm getting avg
470K using Powergrabber to a US server, which is pretty cool, I think:-)
Not bad for a 1ukp install fee! Do bear in mind, however, that if you
don't have a BT line the install is 60ukp, I believe.

It's a bit early to say what the service is like really, but so far, I'm
well pleased. TBH, I'm prolly one of a few customers they have around
here as the NTL take-up is huge (I'm in Stevenage), so I don't expect
much contention;-)

All in all, 2MB on NTL and 4MB on Bulldog, I'm a happy bunny. Now, if
you excuse me, I've got an Internet to download;-)