MaxDSL

Old March 14th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

Default MaxDSL

Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.
I'm currently with PlusNet and my 1 year contract is up and I am wanting to
weigh up my options on whether to move on or not.

Cheers

Steven.

Old March 14th 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Steven Campbell" wrote in news:39m1abF655748U1
@individual.net:

Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.

It has already been stated that BT aren't telling anyone anything until 3
days before it happens so there is no info on rollout dates. AFAIK though
it will be rolled out to the majority of exchanges, it is just the 4/8Mb
speeds that will take some time to be enabled.

--
Colin
Old March 14th 05, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"cw" wrote in message
"Steven Campbell" wrote in news:39m1abF655748U1
@individual.net:

Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.

It has already been stated that BT aren't telling anyone anything until 3
days before it happens so there is no info on rollout dates. AFAIK though
it will be rolled out to the majority of exchanges, it is just the 4/8Mb
speeds that will take some time to be enabled.

Thanks for the info.
There used to be a site that gave details about what actual equipment the
exchange was using. I thought maybe that information could be interpreted
into finding out if the exchange has been upgraded.

Steven.

Old March 14th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 at 20:26:26, Steven Campbell (Steven Campbell
) wrote:
"cw" wrote in message
"Steven Campbell" wrote in news:39m1abF655748U1
@individual.net:

Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.

It has already been stated that BT aren't telling anyone anything until 3
days before it happens so there is no info on rollout dates. AFAIK though
it will be rolled out to the majority of exchanges, it is just the 4/8Mb
speeds that will take some time to be enabled.

Thanks for the info.
There used to be a site that gave details about what actual equipment the
exchange was using. I thought maybe that information could be interpreted
into finding out if the exchange has been upgraded.

Steven.

Don't know if this can be relied upon
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...snet&Number=17
08749
--
Mike
Old March 14th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 at 17:52:05, Steven Campbell (Steven Campbell
) wrote:
Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.
I'm currently with PlusNet and my 1 year contract is up and I am wanting to
weigh up my options on whether to move on or not.

Have you been reading this thread
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2144
i.e. plusnet may "possibly" be participating in the trials

Don't know if this can be relied upon for an exchange list
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...snet&Number=17
08749

If you're unhappy with plusnet, I'd jump ship
--
Mike
Old March 15th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

Default MaxDSL Plusnet

) wrote:
Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.
I'm currently with PlusNet and my 1 year contract is up and I am wanting

weigh up my options on whether to move on or not.

Have you been reading this thread
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2144
i.e. plusnet may "possibly" be participating in the trials

Don't know if this can be relied upon for an exchange list
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...snet&Number=17
08749

If you're unhappy with plusnet, I'd jump ship

Thanks for the links Mike.
I've been happy with the service PlusNet have given me so far but since I am
paying 29.99 for a 1Meg unlimited and they are about to change it, I
thought I'd have a look around.

It seemed a good deal at the time but not looking so good now. If they were
going to trial the new service to their users then I might stick around.
However my exchange (Eaglesham) isn't listed at the link you posted.

Steven.

Old March 15th 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Steven Campbell" wrote in news:39mac4F61qnodU1
@individual.net:

There used to be a site that gave details about what actual equipment the
exchange was using. I thought maybe that information could be interpreted
into finding out if the exchange has been upgraded.

There still is, http://www.samknows.com/
The information may not be bang up to date, for example there is a message
about LLU data being old and they even link to usertools for historical
data.
Whether they will keep up with the info within the three days lead time I
do not know, chances are you'll notice the changes happen first :0)

--
Colin
Old March 16th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

) wrote:
[...]

Hi Steven,

So long as your line can support it then at sometime between April and
June you will get an upgrade to 2Mbps, I can't say when because I don't
have a schedule for the regrade process unfortunately. The only real data
we have to go on is the estimate that about 50% of our customers will be
done by the end of April.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old March 16th 05, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:52:05 -0000, "Steven Campbell"
wrote:

Is there any place on line that has a list of current / future exchanges
that will be going with the new MaxDSL.

Terminology getting mixed up, methinks. MaxDSL is merely a term which
refers to ISP's which run lines at their maximum possible speed -
currently 2mbit and available from pretty much every exchange if your
line supports it.

If you are referring to the RADSL 8mbit trials then yes, a list has
been published, and it includes exchanges in London and some in rural
Strathclyde. But remember, this is a trial. It is starting with a
approx 2,000 lines, specially chosen by BT and includes only those
from selected ISP's and only those who already have 2mbit lines at the
time of selection.