Netgear firmware 2.10.09

Old March 14th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Welham

Default Netgear firmware 2.10.09

Ever since I migrated to 1Mb, my DG834 has been crashing, so tonight I
upgraded to firmware 2.10.09 from 1.0.5, and I noticed that my line
attenuation upstream has been divided by two!

Think they must have make a mistake in the algorithms, but it just goes
to show how incorrect home routers can be for measuring the line quality.

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with . moc(tod)xepip(tod)lsd(ta)spuorgswen_werdna
Old March 14th 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Andrew Welham" wrote in message
Ever since I migrated to 1Mb, my DG834 has been crashing, so tonight I
upgraded to firmware 2.10.09 from 1.0.5, and I noticed that my line
attenuation upstream has been divided by two!

Think they must have make a mistake in the algorithms, but it just goes to
show how incorrect home routers can be for measuring the line quality.

There is a 2.10.10 beta firmware as well - downloadable from
http://www.longview.eclipse.co.uk/netgear/ - just remember, it is beta
though and no beta version is supported by Netgear

Regards
Sunil

Old March 15th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Sunil Sood wrote:
"Andrew Welham" wrote in message

Ever since I migrated to 1Mb, my DG834 has been crashing, so tonight I
upgraded to firmware 2.10.09 from 1.0.5, and I noticed that my line
attenuation upstream has been divided by two!

Think they must have make a mistake in the algorithms, but it just goes to
show how incorrect home routers can be for measuring the line quality.

There is a 2.10.10 beta firmware as well - downloadable from
http://www.longview.eclipse.co.uk/netgear/ - just remember, it is beta
though and no beta version is supported by Netgear

Regards
Sunil

I upgraded to 2.10.10 and worked wonders, no longer disconnects 5 times
a day

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 576 kbps 288 kbps
Line Attenuation 50 db 15.5 db
Noise Margin 16 db 18 db

But I had no idea what my Line figures were before, but above is the
current ones, but my friend who lives approx equal distance the phone
exchange reports much lower figures
Old March 15th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Welham

Dee wrote:
Sunil Sood wrote:

[...]

Strangely my Line Attenuation also changed to 15.5 db ? was 31 before.

Old March 16th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:45:30 +0000, Andrew Welham
wrote:

Think they must have make a mistake in the algorithms, but it just goes
to show how incorrect home routers can be for measuring the line quality.

Nope, just your box. My stats didn't change from v1.05 and match (to
within 1db) those of other routers tested on the line, including
business units like the Draytek 2600 routers.