Wanted - link to "beginner's guide to choosing Broadband"

Old March 15th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Geddes

Default Wanted - link to "beginner's guide to choosing Broadband"

Our village gets ADSL in four weeks, and to reduce the number of people
calling me for advice, I thought I'd set up a page on the village
website to talk people through the basics of the technology and the
questions to ask themselves when choosing an ISP.

Rather than write it all from scratch, it struck me that there might be
something suitable already online.

Has anyone come across a well-written, impartial online guide to
"Getting going with Broadband" or similar?

John Geddes
Winster, Derbyshire
Old March 15th 05, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave P

"John Geddes" wrote in message
Our village gets ADSL in four weeks, and to reduce the number of people
calling me for advice, I thought I'd set up a page on the village website
to talk people through the basics of the technology and the questions to
ask themselves when choosing an ISP.

Rather than write it all from scratch, it struck me that there might be
something suitable already online.

Has anyone come across a well-written, impartial online guide to "Getting
going with Broadband" or similar?

John Geddes
Winster, Derbyshire

This site helped me a lot.

www.adslguide.org.uk

Dave

Old March 15th 05, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BIGEYE

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/summary.asp

Old March 16th 05, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:44:14 +0000, John Geddes
wrote:

Our village gets ADSL in four weeks, and to reduce the number of people
calling me for advice, I thought I'd set up a page on the village
website to talk people through the basics of the technology and the
questions to ask themselves when choosing an ISP.

Rather than write it all from scratch, it struck me that there might be
something suitable already online.

Has anyone come across a well-written, impartial online guide to
"Getting going with Broadband" or similar?

John Geddes
Winster, Derbyshire

Hi John,

As someone involved in broadband4matlock I would have pointed you there,
but I took the site down ages ago. As others have said ADSLGuide is a good
place to start.

With Regards,

Dave,