If I request a MAC code.....

Old March 15th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Default If I request a MAC code.....

......... do I *have* to use it?

Is it that same as a mobile phone PAC code, in that if it's not used, it
expires after 30 days and I have to get another one?

Thanks,

Simon

Kernow Telecom - Cheap international calls
(India only 10p/min on 0871 570 8216), (USA, Europe
and Oz National rate on 0870 794 8303/0844 570 8303)
Email us for more rates and unlocking offers!
**Old website still going- http://kernow-telecom.co.uk**

Old March 15th 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Simon Ough:
........ do I *have* to use it?

Is it that same as a mobile phone PAC code, in that if it's not used,
it expires after 30 days and I have to get another one?

Thanks,

Simon

Depends on who you request you MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) key off!

If off Pipex they class this as a request to cancel their services too!

Old March 15th 05, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

If off Pipex they class this as a request to cancel their services too!

Seems quite reasonable. Why would anyone request it if the did not want to
move?

Peter Crosland

Old March 16th 05, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mo

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
If off Pipex they class this as a request to cancel their services too!

Seems quite reasonable. Why would anyone request it if the did not want to
move?

Peter Crosland

when i got mine from PIPEX the lady on the phone demanded to know where i
was going (i said i was thinking about it), she said i would be cut off
after 30 days... why dont they let u stay on after 30 days if you decide to
stay with the ISP? i was thinking about it, but with 30days looming i choose
another ISP quicktime.

Old March 16th 05, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

mo wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

If off Pipex they class this as a request to cancel their services too!

Seems quite reasonable. Why would anyone request it if the did not want to
move?

Peter Crosland

when i got mine from PIPEX the lady on the phone demanded to know where i
was going (i said i was thinking about it), she said i would be cut off
after 30 days... why dont they let u stay on after 30 days if you decide to
stay with the ISP? i was thinking about it, but with 30days looming i choose
another ISP quicktime.

You can - this is the email you get:

Dear PIPEX Customer

ADSL Migration Confirmation

We are very sorry to hear that you wish to migrate from the PIPEX
Broadband service to an alternative provider. However in line with
your instructions we would like to confirm your Migration Authority
Code (MAC) which is *****************. Please note that your MAC is only
valid for the next 30 days at which point it will automatically expire.

In the meantime PIPEX will set your account to close on **.**.2005
at which point your current ADSL service will no longer be accessible.
However if at anytime in the next 30 days you wish to cancel your
Migration simply contact our customer services team at your earliest
convenience on 0845 077 2455.
Old March 16th 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:00:07 -0000, Simon Ough
wrote:

........ do I *have* to use it?

Is it that same as a mobile phone PAC code, in that if it's not used, it
expires after 30 days and I have to get another one?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Mac keys are also only valid for 30 days, so if you don't use it within
that time you'd need another one if you later decided to migrate. So you
don't have to use it, but I would recommend you enquire with your current
ISP as to how their cancellation policy operates or contact them to say
you haven't used it.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old March 16th 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh mo:
"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
If off Pipex they class this as a request to cancel their services
too!

Seems quite reasonable. Why would anyone request it if the did not
want to move?

Peter Crosland

when i got mine from PIPEX the lady on the phone demanded to know
where i was going (i said i was thinking about it), she said i would
be cut off after 30 days... why dont they let u stay on after 30 days
if you decide to stay with the ISP? i was thinking about it, but with
30days looming i choose another ISP quicktime.

You just call them back on: 01707 299 505, and tell them you wish to stay!