Pipex 15 to upgrade

Old March 16th 05, 07:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Default Pipex 15 to upgrade

Does anyone have any idea if you pay the once off 15 to go from 512
kb/s to 1 mb/s how long it would take to be upgraded?

I'm also a talk talk phone customer and I'm considering their 14.99
offer but a lot of peple on here seem to say it's not the most reliable
service out there.

Been with Pipex for over 2 years now and it's been fine for all that time.

Also does the move to 1 mb/s make web surfing and downloaind POP3 / IMAP
email noticably faster? I know it would mkae a difference downloading
big file but what about small files like HTML is the speed difference
noticable?
Old March 16th 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pedro Gonzales

Hello,

Mine took about 7 days to change over to 1Meg. yes it is a lot faster.

Old March 16th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Black

In message , Dee
writes
Does anyone have any idea if you pay the once off 15 to go from 512
kb/s to 1 mb/s how long it would take to be upgraded?

The email confirmation I got last week said 7-10 days.
--
Sean Black
Old March 16th 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Farouq

I paid the 15 upgrade fee and now have Pipex 2Mbps; not sure why
you've mentioned 1Mbps unless 2Mbps is unavailable in your area.

The whole process took about 10 days from order placement.