NTL'S 'EXCELLENT' SERVICE

Old March 16th 05, 09:35 AM posted to free.uk.internet.broadband,ntl.discussion.broadband.stb,ntl.feedback.broadband,uk.media.broadband,uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

Default NTL'S 'EXCELLENT' SERVICE

"Edgecrusher" wrote in message
I hate to tell you but BT is just as bad as NTL. Get Nildram or Pipex,
anything but BT!

To be honest, as far as actual quality of service goes I can't see a
difference between the two. I have a 1.5 meg cable service for my home PC
which has been great, apart from when I 'lost service' but had in fact
plugged the wrong PSU into my cable modem and it wasn't getting enough
power. Lol, it took me a day to realise, duh!

My employer has also installed me a 1/2 meg ADSL line to use with my company
laptop, as I work from home. Obviously there is a speed difference but as
far as actual quality of service: down time, unable to surf, unable to email
etc. etc. I've had no problem with either.

The big 'problem' I guess is the quality of customer service. If anything
happens to my ADSL service I just phone out IT department and they sort it
all out, so it's a non-issue. But it has to be said, I always dread phoning
NTL for *anything*, as their customer service quality has been consistently
****...

--
Have a look at my eBay items:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FBA-Computers