switched suppliers and cannot upload files 1k pt1

Old March 16th 05, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

Default switched suppliers and cannot upload files 1k pt1

Hi,

I have just switched from bulldog 2mg to tessco ˝meg as 1st part of a
upgrade to bulldog 4mg.

I live in a block of flats with a network which we are both on and are
on the same 192.168.0.xxx sub net. I run thogh a router which then
points at a gateway to the internet. I updated the router to point at
at my friends gate way.

I can browse the web ok and receive email ok also I can ftp dl large
files ok.

part 2 to follow
Old March 16th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

part2

However I cannot seem to ftp ul large file grater then 1K (approx),
=1K (approx) seems to be OK. for a large ftp ul 3xxk it seems to stop

at around exaclty 4K, 16K and 64K and then give up.

I seem to have the same problem sending email if it greater than 1k
(approx) both using outlook and webmail.

I have also changed the DNS servers in the router (not to sure about
this one, its a home built mikro one, so did it in interfaces) to
TESCO nets dns servers and my mtu in the router and my machine to the
one that Tessco seem to like og 1454.

I still get this if I bypass the router and point directly at my
friends gateway.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old March 16th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

Default switched suppliers and cannot upload files 1k pt2

part2 with a suject line

Old March 17th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

Ok fixed it, just have to change MTU on easc comp & reboot.