Line Attenuation

Old March 16th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Line Attenuation

My broadband modem reports:

Attenuation: Down 24db Up 7.5db
Noise: Down 31db Up: 31db

Is this any good?

Would I be able to get UKOnline's 8MB service which has just rolled out in
my area?

Thanks,

Fred.

Old March 16th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Fred Finisterre wrote:
My broadband modem reports:

Attenuation: Down 24db Up 7.5db
Noise: Down 31db Up: 31db

Is this any good?

Would I be able to get UKOnline's 8MB service which has just rolled
out in my area?

Thanks,

Fred.

The honest answer is that no one really knows as the spec hasn't been rolled
out to any one yet, the only honest answer is that you should be ok for 2meg
with those figures, if they are accurate....