Supa(not)net optimized ?

Old March 17th 05, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default Supa(not)net optimized ?

So,

I had a look at that ex Time Supanet locked PC yesterday ..

When I tried to dial UK2 I got some message re computer blocked.

I then tried to run the 'deopt' util, that asked for a code (that I'd
noted at the time) but it seems it needed to be on the internet at the
time for it to work (catch 22).

I then removed and re installed different drivers (that stayed ok
after a reboot), I could access the modem, do diags etc but still
'computer blocked' when attempting to dial UK2.

As our friend had recently reloaded the factory XP image (so had
nothing to loose) I decided to re-install XP from scratch and that
found everything except the sound drivers ( I found them on the
drivers CD g)

We were then able to dial UK2 (wahoo!) but there was no 'dialing'
sounds from the modem ;-(

I then fitted a spare Intel hardware modem I had (I didn't really want
to do that) and that gave us dialing sounds again (and potentially a
better connection).

We then tried to sign up with Tesco pay-as-you-go and managed the
sign-up sequence but couldn't actually connect afterwards (summat to
do with the 'special' dialled number for the billing to Tesco?)

They phoned Tesco CS and were asked if they had a BT line and they
said 'yes'. Afterwards I asked to see a telephone bill and saw it was
from Telewest .. (doh).

(Reminder to self .. don't believe anything users say)

So it's UK2 for the dial up and Hotmail for the email .. for the
moment ...

They DO have a telephone from Telewest and a Sky (analogue) TV pack of
some type. Would it cost them much more to add broadband to that
package would you know please?

All the best ..

T i m
Old March 17th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
T i m opined very noisily:
[...]

see http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/service.do?id=2

for telewests prices
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old March 17th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:04:53 GMT, "Yddap"
wrote:

They DO have a telephone from Telewest and a Sky (analogue) TV pack of
some type. Would it cost them much more to add broadband to that
package would you know please?

All the best ..

T i m

see http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/service.do?id=2

Cheers fella,

I was sorta looking on there yesterday but hadn't read the small print

The '3 for 30 quid deal' .. "new customers only" .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m