BT Broadband download limites

Old March 18th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Greenhalgh

Default BT Broadband download limites

Am I right in thinking after reading their latest email that BT Yahoo
will not be imposing limits until June 1st?
Dave G
Old March 18th 05, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Five Rounds Rapid

"David Greenhalgh" wrote in message
Am I right in thinking after reading their latest email that BT Yahoo
will not be imposing limits until June 1st?
Dave G

That appears to be the case, although in typical BT fashion they have
confused and annoyed most of their customers in equal measure. Even
telephone support weren't sure whether capping will be enforced from May 1
and June 1, but general consensus is the latter date.

Old March 20th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Greenhalgh

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:55:24 -0000, "Five Rounds Rapid"
wrote:

"David Greenhalgh" wrote in message
.. .
Am I right in thinking after reading their latest email that BT Yahoo
will not be imposing limits until June 1st?
Dave G

That appears to be the case, although in typical BT fashion they have
confused and annoyed most of their customers in equal measure. Even
telephone support weren't sure whether capping will be enforced from May 1
and June 1, but general consensus is the latter date.

You're right about the confusion. Initially they said the limits
would be enforced in the Spring which is a bit vague. I shall take
the big day as June 1st. Or wait for the promised emails indicating
usage.
Dave G
Old March 20th 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark eldon

customers who had broadband before 170205 will not be charged until 010605

customers on or after that date get hit a month earlier

try using NetMeter http://readerror.gmxhome.de

"David Greenhalgh" wrote in message
Am I right in thinking after reading their latest email that BT Yahoo
will not be imposing limits until June 1st?
Dave G

It has removed 961 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old March 21st 05, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Greenhalgh

I'm using Netmeter which I think is a brilliant free programme and
hence I know I'm going well over the limit at present.
DaveG
Old March 22nd 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

"David Greenhalgh" wrote in message

I'm using Netmeter which I think is a brilliant free programme and
hence I know I'm going well over the limit at present.

Capping is a complete and utter joke. I play CS and Q3 for a
clan and can suck and blow 40+ Gb a month without even
trying. BT's determination to drain every one of us of every
penny we earn is bordering on the criminal. I'm definitely
considering going elsewhere. The only question is: where?

Old March 23rd 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooter

"fred" wrote in message

"David Greenhalgh" wrote in message

I'm using Netmeter which I think is a brilliant free programme and
hence I know I'm going well over the limit at present.

Capping is a complete and utter joke. I play CS and Q3 for a
clan and can suck and blow 40+ Gb a month without even
trying. BT's determination to drain every one of us of every
penny we earn is bordering on the criminal. I'm definitely
considering going elsewhere. The only question is: where?

How dare you use more than the cap for legitimate reasons.. Do you know how
many people you are going to **** off. According to low bandwidth users you
can only be up to no good using more than the 30GB . Couldnt you just say
that you download a few movies or tv episodes to keep them happy