Anyone connected to Sale Exchange?

Old March 18th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AP

Default Anyone connected to Sale Exchange?

Hello, I have recently upgraded from 500kb/s to 1mbit but have been having
lots of problems in terms of very low bandwidth. My connection keeps
terminating as well. I think the slow down might be something to do with
exchanges being over subscribed. Is there anyone else here who is connected
to Sale exchange and is having slow down problems?

Thanks
AP

Old March 18th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , AP
writes
Hello, I have recently upgraded from 500kb/s to 1mbit but have been having
lots of problems in terms of very low bandwidth. My connection keeps
terminating as well. I think the slow down might be something to do with
exchanges being over subscribed. Is there anyone else here who is connected
to Sale exchange and is having slow down problems?

Not connected to Sale, but I have a friend who is and he is also with
Pipex, he had exactly this problem, it was a BT problem with his line.
Where in Sale if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
AP

--
Clint Sharp
Old March 18th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

AP wrote:
Hello, I have recently upgraded from 500kb/s to 1mbit but have been

having
lots of problems in terms of very low bandwidth. My connection keeps
terminating as well. I think the slow down might be something to do

with
exchanges being over subscribed. Is there anyone else here who is

connected
to Sale exchange and is having slow down problems?

Thanks
AP

Hi!

Looking on samknows.com the exchange sale's is:

Exchange capacity information (Help!)
VP Status: Red
VP upgrade due: 07/03/2005
Total BT DSLAM's: 5 (1 SDSL capable)
Next BT DSLAM: None planned
Data last updated: 12 March 2005, 22:50:14

(in the help page)

Since BT's introduction of the Home 1000 (1Mbps) service, a number of
users have found their speeds to be less than satisfactory. The main
cause of this has been determined to be 'Virtual Path' congestion.

Hope this helps

Old March 18th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AP

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , AP
writes
Hello, I have recently upgraded from 500kb/s to 1mbit but have been

having
lots of problems in terms of very low bandwidth. My connection keeps
terminating as well. I think the slow down might be something to do with
exchanges being over subscribed. Is there anyone else here who is

connected
to Sale exchange and is having slow down problems?

Not connected to Sale, but I have a friend who is and he is also with
Pipex, he had exactly this problem, it was a BT problem with his line.
Where in Sale if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
AP

--
Clint Sharp

Hi, I dont live in Sale but I am not far from there. I dont really want to
say exactly where I live.
How long did it take him to sort out the problem? Pipex are rediculous when
it comes to support. It takes them 7 days to send a reply to you!! And if
you try to phone up, you get stuck in a 15+ minute call queue. Did he
contact BT or Pipex and what was the problem specifically?

Thanks
AP