Metronet

Old March 18th 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Default Metronet

Anyone with them?

Ther PAYG service seem fairly priced compared to the competition - I
tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be
good for me
Old March 18th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Dee" wrote in message
Anyone with them?

Ther PAYG service seem fairly priced compared to the competition - I
tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be
good for me

I can highly recommend this professional company. Excellent customer service
with real people who actually read your queries before replying, excellent
pricing and a reliable connection. No longer the cheapest ISP but damm good
all round value

Andy.

Old March 18th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TP

Yeah - I've been with them for a couple of months and no complaints so far.

Haven't had any problems, so no need to rely on any tech support. But the
one email I sent them was replied to promptly and courteously, and their
setup and billing seems fine so far.

Old March 18th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sniffer

I have their 2 Mb/s service - very impressive

Customer Service is very good

Old March 18th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:03:44 +0000, Dee wrote:

Anyone with them?

Ther PAYG service seem fairly priced compared to the competition - I tend
to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be good
for me

Been on 512k for over a year. Excellent tech support and service.
Oh and they use Linux themselves so can answer questions if that is useful
to you.

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old March 19th 05, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Dee:
I tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be
good for me

In that case you should check out lixxus.co.uk, if you don't use it you
don't pay...
Regards,
Martin

Old March 19th 05, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Blunt

wrote:

Anyone with them?

Ther PAYG service seem fairly priced compared to the competition - I
tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be
good for me

I use them, and am very happy with their service. I spend most of the
year overseas, but I want a broadband line available in the UK when
I'm there. Metronet seemed to be the best solution for having that.

Chris

Old March 19th 05, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Blunt

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:09:54 -0000, "Martin²" wrote:

Dee:
I tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would be
good for me

In that case you should check out lixxus.co.uk, if you don't use it you
don't pay...

This looks very interesting. Has anyone here any experience of using
them?

Chris

Old March 19th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:09:54 -0000, "Martin²" wrote:

Dee:
I tend to travel for 2 to 3 months a year so it's variabe pricing would
be
good for me

In that case you should check out lixxus.co.uk, if you don't use it you
don't pay...

This looks very interesting. Has anyone here any experience of using
them?

Before you try http://www.lixxus.co.uk/ you should read their T&C
(http://www.lixxus.co.uk/support/legal/195.asp) very carefully - especially
terms 52 and 53.

If someone is spending 2/3 months travelling it may not be a good choice and
Metronet may well be better

Regards
Sunil