TalkTalk Broadband

Old March 18th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MartynSadd

Default TalkTalk Broadband

After nearly 3 years on AOL Broadband, I've decided to take the plung
and change. AOL haven't been too bad of late, but they've caused lot
of problems in the past so now is as good a time as any to change.

I chose TalkTalk mainly because of the price - 14.99 for 1Mb -, bu
also because I have their landline service which has worked reall
well.

Looks like their Broadband service is going to be a different story...

On Monday [14/03] AOL gave me a 19-character MAC number, which I trie
to enter on TalkTalk's registration website. 'Tried' - because the sit
would only accept the first 16-characters. I called them and explained
and gave them the full code.

By Thursday I'd heard nothing, and the status on their website hadn'
changed so I called them. Apparently, there was a discrepancy on th
address I'd given them and the one BT had. The 'discrepancy' was tha
I'd entered the county in which I live on TalkTalk's registration site
but BT's record didn't use it. Other than that the address wa
identical: house number, road name, post code. The guy said to cal
back in a few days.

Having not been overwhelmed with their service, I decided to check i
early so called again this evening. Apparently, my order was no
progressing as the MAC number was too short. I explained that I'
already called to give them the correct one - I was offered n
explanation about why it hadn't been recorded, nor why the guy I spok
to last night hadn't mentioned it. The lady I spoke took the MAC again
and said she would reprovision the line...

So far, not very good.

Tune in for the next exciting installment..

--
MartynSadd
Old March 20th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

" On Monday [14/03] AOL gave me a 19-character MAC number, which I tried
to enter on TalkTalk's registration website. 'Tried' - because the site
would only accept the first 16-characters. I called them and explained,
and gave them the full code.

I am with talktalk and had the same problem migrating from PIPEX i.e. Mac
number too long. I enrolled at a local shop.

I had to contact them several times. They said that there was problems with
the MAC number. They did sort the problem eventually and telephoned me to
let me know when all was well.

I was connected within the 30 days.

John D.