Sdsl

Old March 19th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

Default Sdsl

In article , jas0n says...
Who are the main players with best pricing for SDSL, birmingham area?

Its for business links between offices, currently this office has been
running on 2mb adsl vpn and whilst its ok, the extra upload is
definately going to improve things.

The other question is most seem to offer 10:1 contended sdsl - does this
really affect the real world performance much or is it definately better
to seek 1:1 although I guess getting near leased line pricing then???

just install a second ADSL line and one of these

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...yes_cyclone200.
asp

It could improve matters for you at much less cost than SDSL

FR
Old March 20th 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , jas0n says...
In article , me9
@privacy.net says...
In article , jas0n says....
Who are the main players with best pricing for SDSL, birmingham area?

Its for business links between offices, currently this office has been
running on 2mb adsl vpn and whilst its ok, the extra upload is
definately going to improve things.

The other question is most seem to offer 10:1 contended sdsl - does this
really affect the real world performance much or is it definately better
to seek 1:1 although I guess getting near leased line pricing then???

just install a second ADSL line and one of these

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...yes_cyclone200..
asp

It could improve matters for you at much less cost than SDSL

FR

Its would still only give 512k upload from the office whilst doubling
the download to 4mb

I want to improve the upload speed lots rather than just another 256k -
I think it'd probably run a damn site better on a 1mb sdsl line, 2mb
sdsl would be nice.

that is getting into the realms of special kit and hideously expensive
line costs then, can the business justify that?

At the moment it is not a valid proposition until BT sort their act out.
SDSL should be cheaper.

SDSL 2Mbps uncontended would be something like 500 a month, but with
free install if you go with someone like this
http://www.node4.co.uk/connect/index.aspx

FR