Sdsl

Old March 19th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

Default Sdsl

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:16:00 -0000, jas0n wrote:

Who are the main players with best pricing for SDSL, birmingham area?

Its for business links between offices, currently this office has been
running on 2mb adsl vpn and whilst its ok, the extra upload is
definately going to improve things.

The other question is most seem to offer 10:1 contended sdsl - does this
really affect the real world performance much or is it definately better
to seek 1:1 although I guess getting near leased line pricing then???

Are you in Central Birmingham?

Can do 4K p.a.2Mbps leased line with 99.9% SLA and managed router if
you are, depending on exactly where you are.

If not, 10:1 SDSL (i.e. BT IP Stream, as opposed to LLU or 1:1
Datastream) seems to be holding up pretty well IME.

Jake

Old March 20th 05, 09:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Muxton wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:16:00 -0000, jas0n wrote:

Who are the main players with best pricing for SDSL, birmingham area?

Its for business links between offices, currently this office has been
running on 2mb adsl vpn and whilst its ok, the extra upload is
definately going to improve things.

The other question is most seem to offer 10:1 contended sdsl - does this
really affect the real world performance much or is it definately better
to seek 1:1 although I guess getting near leased line pricing then???

Are you in Central Birmingham?

Can do 4K p.a.2Mbps leased line with 99.9% SLA and managed router if
you are, depending on exactly where you are.

What's with the murderous 4k pound price for a 2Mbit SDSL link?
Don't tell me you fell for fscked up BT$ and other crap.
Its cheaper to put in a 2mbit SDSL link than a 256k bit ADSL link!!
Fscking ******s.
Bring on LLU and we shall see!

Old March 20th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:24:08 GMT, 7
wrote:

Muxton wrote:

[...]

Oh god, not you again.

You proved your complete lack of knowledge and insight into the UK
Telecommunications industry several weeks ago by trying to compare DSL
technology with Ethernet, not to mention the fact that your postings
have all the hallmarks of a 16 year old sociopath.

I offered a leased line. Do you know what the difference is between a
leased line and other access technologies, including LLU? Clearly
not.

Old March 20th 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 20 Mar 2005 09:24, 7 (someone anonymous) wrote:

What's with the murderous 4k pound price for a 2Mbit SDSL link?
Its cheaper to put in a 2mbit SDSL link than a 256k bit ADSL link!!
Bring on LLU and we shall see!

Ignoring your personal attacks, I guess you have not properly considered
what the client wants, and what an ISP would need to do, to offer it.
Old March 20th 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

wrote:

Muxton wrote:

[...]

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And you know more than me of course.

Telecommunications industry several weeks ago by trying to compare DSL
technology with Ethernet, not to mention the fact that your postings
have all the hallmarks of a 16 year old sociopath.

I offered a leased line. Do you know what the difference is between a
leased line and other access technologies, including LLU? Clearly
not.

Oh look someone who knows more than me!
So how come you talk just like astro turfers for BT$?

Old March 20th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:03:21 UTC, 7
wrote:

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And you know more than me of course.

One has only to look back at all of your posts (not just the most recent
one) to realise that a brain damaged slug knows more than you.

You really have NO idea at all.

Old March 20th 05, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

7 wrote:

Oh look someone who knows more than me!

The only think you got right in your posting history. It is of course
important to know your position in the hierarchy and realising that you
are at the bottom of the knowledge tree can only help you climb it.
Just down fall on the way up.
Old March 20th 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:03:21 GMT, 7
wrote:

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And you know more than me of course.

Well, it would appear so, yes.

But I'm willing for you to prove otherwise.

Old March 20th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:45:46 -0000, jas0n wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:16:00 -0000, jas0n wrote:

Who are the main players with best pricing for SDSL, birmingham area?

Its for business links between offices, currently this office has been
running on 2mb adsl vpn and whilst its ok, the extra upload is
definately going to improve things.

The other question is most seem to offer 10:1 contended sdsl - does this
really affect the real world performance much or is it definately better
to seek 1:1 although I guess getting near leased line pricing then???

Are you in Central Birmingham?

Can do 4K p.a.2Mbps leased line with 99.9% SLA and managed router if
you are, depending on exactly where you are.

If not, 10:1 SDSL (i.e. BT IP Stream, as opposed to LLU or 1:1
Datastream) seems to be holding up pretty well IME.

Jake

Its not central bham ... close - very near the birmingham city football
ground - the sdsl checker says its the 'VICTORIA' exchange and should be
able to get SDSL upto 2mb.

Hmm, pity.

We can do 4K 2Mbps leased lines if you're wired to Bham Central
exhange, as we have a PoP in Maple House in Corporation Street. Very
good, as it plugs straight into part of our backbone, but very short
reach. No can do Victoria unfortunately.

Other than that I can discuss SDSL with you if you like. Unmung
.///invalid/// to drop me a line.

Jake