BT Internet (ADSL) and BT Voyager 2000 Wireless Router Combo OK?

Old March 20th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

Default BT Internet (ADSL) and BT Voyager 2000 Wireless Router Combo OK?

Hi

Just a quick question to clarify a situation I have

Bought a used BT Voyager 2000 from eBay for a mate on Virgin and it connects
but will not allow web pages to be viewed.

But it works OK on a Pipex account. So I guess this is due to the fact that
the Voyager has a fixed MTU of 1500 - Virgin specify 1450 as a max MTU.

Now another friend has asked me to set up a wireless network, but she is on
BT Internet . So I am thinking I can use the Voyager for here rather that
writeoff the cost.

So is anyone here using a BT Voyager 2000 on BT Internet ADSL without max
MTU problems.

Cheers

DeeBee

Old March 20th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

DeeBee wrote:
Hi

Just a quick question to clarify a situation I have

Bought a used BT Voyager 2000 from eBay for a mate on Virgin and it connects
but will not allow web pages to be viewed.

But it works OK on a Pipex account. So I guess this is due to the fact that
the Voyager has a fixed MTU of 1500 - Virgin specify 1450 as a max MTU.

Now another friend has asked me to set up a wireless network, but she is on
BT Internet . So I am thinking I can use the Voyager for here rather that
writeoff the cost.

So is anyone here using a BT Voyager 2000 on BT Internet ADSL without max
MTU problems.

I use a BT Voyager 2100 on an NTL account, which I believe is the
backbone of Virgin, via a BT telephone line, and it works perfectly.
Never had a problem yet.

Just go to voyager.home and set it all up when it's connected to the
ADSL connection worked for me.

Paying for a 512k connection, getting 1152k dl speed and about 380 ul.
I is a Happy Bunny

--
The Caretaker .........