Satellite

Old March 20th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

Default Satellite

In within uk.telecom.broadband,
'Giselle Jobs' wrote:

Anyone got any recommendations/scare stories about Satellite Broadband
suppliers?
I'm looking for a 2 way business one (e.g. Realtouch) so I'm not interested
in the home user or one way options.

Any particular reason you're not interested in the one way setups? Are you
intending to host web pages at the end of it?

From what I've been told, the easiest and most reliable seems to be a
combination of satellite downlink and ISDN uplink, the only problem under
normal use is (half of) the same latency you'd expect from a two way
satellite.

I'm a friend of mine is intending to set up with 'Central Point' at
http://www.cpbb.co.uk - it looks good to me.

More at http://www.smilebroadband.co.uk/ and at
http://www.silvermead.net/satellite/

If you really want to spend the money (and I'd be interested to know why)
then a two way business option is available at

http://www.bentleytelecom.co.uk/services.htm

Let us know the prices you are offered?

--
Dave Johnson -
Old March 21st 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
douglas dwyer

In message , Dave J
writes
Any particular reason you're not interested in the one way setups? Are
you intending to host web pages at the end of it?

From what I've been told, the easiest and most reliable seems to be a
combination of satellite downlink and ISDN uplink, the only problem
under normal use is (half of) the same latency you'd expect from a two
way satellite.

Last subscriber on Single pots line here, really need 2 voice and 1
internet.
BT also turned us down for ISDN . Have re-ordered ISDN as Business
highway as BT business rep says they try harder.
Wireless is the next preferred option (no signal in our valley)
Satellite with Pots line will tie up our voice and not be very suitable.

--
dd
Old March 21st 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

douglas dwyer wrote:
In message , Dave J
writes
Any particular reason you're not interested in the one way setups?
Are you intending to host web pages at the end of it?

From what I've been told, the easiest and most reliable seems to
be a combination of satellite downlink and ISDN uplink, the only
problem under normal use is (half of) the same latency you'd
expect from a two way satellite.

Last subscriber on Single pots line here, really need 2 voice and 1
internet.
BT also turned us down for ISDN . Have re-ordered ISDN as Business
highway as BT business rep says they try harder.
Wireless is the next preferred option (no signal in our valley)
Satellite with Pots line will tie up our voice and not be very
suitable.

I've had further details from my mate, the exact system he's using can be
found at www.warwickshirelive.co.uk

Even if you're way out of their area they may be able to help you find
something.

Hope this helps,

Ivor