Info from a Bulldog user wanted please

Old March 21st 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Frost

Default Info from a Bulldog user wanted please

Once you swap your phone line to a bulldog one (they seem to insist on it)
can you still use phone overide codes like 1899 or 18866 ? This would be
important to me - any info would be great.

Thanks
Old March 21st 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

"Ken Frost" wrote in message
Once you swap your phone line to a bulldog one (they seem to insist on it)
can you still use phone overide codes like 1899 or 18866 ? This would be
important to me - any info would be great.

No, you can't. You may be able to use the 0800 number, but not short codes
or CPS.

Old March 22nd 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

"MA" wrote in message
. ..

"Ken Frost" wrote in message
Once you swap your phone line to a bulldog one (they seem to insist on

it)
can you still use phone overide codes like 1899 or 18866 ? This would be
important to me - any info would be great.

No, you can't. You may be able to use the 0800 number, but not short codes
or CPS.

Interesting - I was told that you could whilst I was investigating which
ADSL/phone service to get. In the end I didn't get bulldog anyway though.

Paul DS.

Old March 22nd 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe

On 21 Mar 2005 14:53:00 GMT, Ken Frost
wrote:

Once you swap your phone line to a bulldog one (they seem to insist on it)
can you still use phone overide codes like 1899 or 18866 ? This would be
important to me - any info would be great.

Thanks

Freefone numbers are am..er....free (0800, 0808 etc).

You can't use CPS i.e those services that offer a short code like
18866 or 1899 etc.

There's no problem with dial-through numbers such (e.g. 0844, 0871
etc) and they're charged at the same rate as BT charge with one big
advantage; they charge by the second with no minimum call charge so
whereas if you use BT to make a call and you hang up after getting an
answermachine then BT will charge you the 5p (or whatever) minimum
call charge. Bulldog doesn't.

Joe.