question

Old March 21st 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
paul

Default question

can a computer that is connected to broadband via usb connection be
connected to a wireless router so i can surf on a computer up stairs if so
what eqipment do i need i have seen wireless routers around but they are
rj45 connections is there one for usb connections i dont have network
connection on my comp ntl broadband im on

Old March 22nd 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:44:09 GMT, "paul"
wrote:

can a computer that is connected to broadband via usb connection be
connected to a wireless router so i can surf on a computer up stairs

yes, using internet connection sharing

if so
what eqipment do i need i have seen wireless routers around

a wireless access point will suffice

but they are
rj45 connections is there one for usb connections i dont have network
connection on my comp ntl broadband im on

a network card is a tenner. Or you could ask NTL for a broadband box
that provides ethernet. I don't do cable so can't help more on that.

Phil