Help! ADSL activated 18 days ago. Still no service!!

Old March 22nd 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anthony

Default Help! ADSL activated 18 days ago. Still no service!!

My line was activated for ADSL on the 4th March, but my modem won't synch!
(ie green light flashes)

I've been on the phone to NTL installation support several times. They ask
about phone line extensions (none), other devices on line (none), different
modems (done), different microfilters (done) and plugging directly into the
test socket (done). Eventually they placed a fault report with BT on the
7th. A week later (14th) BT closed the fault report. ADSL Still didn't
synch. (NB they never visited the property)

I went through the above process again with NTL and they filed another fault
report with BT on the 14th. 8 days later and still no response from BT to
either NTL or me.

So 9 weeks after I initially ordered ADSL, and 18 days after it was
(supposedly) activated, I'm still without service (also NTL stopped my 0800
dialup account so I'm paying local rate for dial-up internet). BT seem to be
dragging their feet and NTL aren't pushy or proactive enough to get anything
done. (NB BT absolutely refuse to talk to me about the progess of the fault)

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this sorted?

Anthony.
Old March 23rd 05, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Anthony wrote:
My line was activated for ADSL on the 4th March, but my modem won't synch!
(ie green light flashes)

Have you tried with an alternative ADSL router/modem?

[...]

If your ADSL service is with NTL and not BT, BT have no reason to
discuss the matter with you. If your contract is with NTL you must put
pressure on them.
Old March 23rd 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:05:31 +0000 (UTC), Anthony
wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this sorted?

if the modem won't sync in the test socket then its either a line
issue or your modem. Modems are a tenner or so on Ebay (BT Voyager 105
has line stats) anything else needs a BT ADSL engineer to visit at the
request of your ISP.

So back to the ISP I'm afraid.

What did the checker at www.bt.com/broadband say for your number ?

At this point you will regret choosing NTL. Others beware, it just
ain't worth it.

Phil